Want to sit next to your friends or family? Or travel in the most convenient way possible? Then reserve the seat of your choice during the booking process. There are different seat categories tailored to your needs.
1. If seat reservation is possible on your desired trip, you will be able to reserve a seat in the booking process.
2. To do so, click the "Seat Reservation" field.
3. Check the seat map and select your preferred seat. Seats marked with an X cannot be reserved.
4. The fee for reserving a seat depends on the type of seat chosen and the distance of your trip. You can find all of our prices for seat reservations here.
5. Continue with the booking and find your selected seat number on your booking confirmation.
6. On the train, your seat number will be indicated at eye-level along the overhead luggage compartment.
The images only serve as illustration. The actual fees can vary and depend on the respective trip.
Did you know that you will always get a designated seat on our trains? Please check your ticket for your seat reservation. If you have not reserved a seat, but have been assigned a seat on your ticket, please sit in this seat. If a reservable seat is available, it could still be booked by someone later on in the trip. You will find the seat numbers at eye level on the hand baggage compartment. Please also remember to check the coach number. For a journey consisting of two rides with an automatic connection, you will only have to pay once for the seat reservation and will get the cheaper seat reservation for free.
No, the price for a seat reservation for transfer connections is based on the longest trip segment or highest selected seat category. You can find all the prices here.
You may make a reservation only while booking. At this time, you may not add a seat to your booking after the ticket has been booked. If you would like to cancel or change your seat, please click here.
Reserved seats are not assigned to certain persons in your booking. Each group member is free to choose their own seat.